the mass of liquid
Mass is measured with scales.
Digital scales are more precise and easier to use than mechanichal
scales ( like roberval scales )
The mass of a liquid can't be directly measured by depositing it on the
scale because a liquid is always accompanied by a container.
The mass of a liquid can be measured using one of these two methods:
- Measure the mass of the empty container.
- Pour the liquid into the container and measure the new mass.
- The mass of liquid is obtained by subtracting the mass of the
container to the total mass.
?2 (Easier and faster):
- Place the empty container on the balance.
- Tare the scale (by pressing the tare button). The scale then displays
- Pour the liquid into the container. The mass of liquid is directly